Tech username and password information
Louisiana Tech University user accounts are provided to faculty, staff, and students. These user accounts are used to login to all university IT services including e-mail, Moodle, Mediasite, wireless networks, and computers (both in labs and offices).
Getting an Account
User accounts are provided based on your relationship to the university, and account information is distributed accordingly.
Student accounts are created during the admission process. You will receive your Tech User ID (ex: “abc012”) along with your Campus-Wide ID (CWID) and B.O.S.S. PIN as part of your admission materials.
Faculty accounts are created during the on-boarding process as a part of hiring. Human resources will assist you in requesting an e-mail account from the Computing Center. Your CWID and B.O.S.S. PIN will be furnished to you at this time as well.
Departments and Organizations
Departments and organizations affiliated with the University can request dedicated accounts to use for e-mail. Requests are made on an as-needed basis, and can be submitted to the Help Desk. At present, accounts of this type are not eligible for self-service account changes. You must contact the Help Desk for assistance with changes, including password updates, for these accounts.
Forgotten Username, CWID, or BOSS PIN
Forgotten usernames can be found by:
- Log into the B.O.S.S. Student Portal.
- Click E-mail Addresses and Personal Web Page.
The page will display any e-mail addresses associated with your B.O.S.S. account, including personal e-mail addresses if they have been added. Look for an e-mail address in the form “email@example.com” – “abc012” is your Louisiana Tech Username.
For information on CWID and BOSS PINS, see Obtaining a CWID or BOSS PIN.
Self-Service Password Changes
Faculty, staff, and students can change the password associated with their individual Louisiana Tech user account using the following procedure:
- Go to https://password.latech.edu.
- Click Forgot Password.
- On the Forgot Password page, enter only your User ID without “@latech.edu” (e.x.: “abc012”) and click Submit. If you do not
- Enter your Campus Wide ID (located on your Tech ID), B.O.S.S. Pin number and Date of Birth where indicated and click Submit. Ensure you are not entering any dashes or spaces.
- Type your desired password in the New password and Retype Password fields. Make sure the desired password meets the following requirements:
- Password must be between 8-32 characters in length, and
- Password must contain at least one number and one special character, and
- Password should be unique. Recently-used passwords, parts of your name, and common “Tech” themed words are not allowed.
- Click Submit.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes for the password change to take effect, then try your new password at https://moodle.latech.edu.
The secret presented by the user is invalid
Ensure that you are entering your information correctly. If all the information is entered correctly, your birthday on file may not be correct. Contact the registrar’s office at 318.257.2176 to verify it. It may take up to 24 hours afterward for it to be updated in the university’s database.
NMAS has timed out
This means that the portal has timed out while waiting for you to enter the required responses. You will need to start back over from the first page and enter required responses faster. This typically occurs during the identity challenge questions. To avoid this error, it is recommended that you make sure you have your CWID, BOSS PIN, and date of birth on hand before you begin the process.