CICS Password Rules
As of August 16th 2017, the following rules apply when selecting a new mainframe (CICS) password:
- Must be changed every 90days
- Cannot reuse last 7 passwords
- All letters in password folded to upper case.(Case insensitive)
- Password length must be 8 characters
- Password can have A-Z,0-9 and special characters $@
- Password must have at least one character from three of the following four character types
- Numbers: 0123456789
- Consonants: BCDFGHJKLMNPQRSTVWXYZ
- Vowels: AEIOU
- Special Characters: $@
- Password cannot contain portion of person’s name of 4 characters or more.
- At least 4 character positions must change values from old password to new password. For example, it is not valid to change just a single numeric digit or to change a three letter month abbreviation to create a new password.
- Password must not be one of restricted words. Example below:
- *A few bad words *
A simple web page that produces valid password examples has been setup at http://cics.latech.edu/password_ideas.