The mission of information services is to support and add value to the broad array of activities of the Louisiana Tech University community using information technologies and services.
Our vision is to provide high-quality information services that enable the university to meet its mission of engaging in quality teaching, research, creative activity, public service, and workforce/economic development.
The common goals of Information Services staff are:
- Provide ever-improving customer service
- Partner with university community members to leverage information services to improve other university services
- Support high quality teaching and learning
- Support research and the innovative enterprise of the university
- Support the business processes of the university
Information services staff embrace and are committed to modeling the Tenets of Tech in the university community.
- Confidence (confisio) – A sense of self.
- Excellence (bonitas) – Appreciation for first-rate experiences.
- Commitment (commendo) – Accept responsibility as a citizen of the University.
- Knowledge (agnitio) – Understanding of ideas based on actual experiences.
- Integrity (integritas) – Ability to defend, evaluate, or question one’s own beliefs.
- Respect (adsurgo) – Acknowledgment of others’ beliefs through personal interactions.
- Leadership (ductus) – Guidance through service, involvement, and mentoring.
- Loyalty (fides) – Faithfulness to values, commitments, and responsibilities.
- Enthusiasm (studium) – Excitement for personal characteristics and future opportunities.
- Caring (affectus) – Affinity for beauty, performing arts, and human culture.
- Hope (spes) – Belief in future experiences and growth opportunities.
- Pride (spiritus) – A sense of self-respect.