TOTP mobile applications
To use TOTP-based MFA, you must have a TOTP-capable authenticator app installed on your smartphone. This authenticator app is used to generate a time-based password that serves as your second form of authentication during CAS logins. This article provides of list of TOTP-capable applications as well as download links.
Authenticator apps are single-purpose apps intended only to generate TOPT tokens.
- Authy – Android | iOS / iPadOS
- Google Authenticator – Android | iOS / iPadOS
- FreeOTP – Android | iOS / iPadOS
- LastPass Authenticator – Android | iOS / iPadOS
- Microsoft Authenticator – Android | iOS / iPadOS
Password Managers Supporting TOPT
Password managers are multi-purpose apps intended to provide a secure vault in which to store other passwords while also providing other functions like random password generators, secure note storage, the ability to share passwords securely, and to sync passwords across devices. The password managers listed here also support generating TOPT tokens and associating them with stored passwords.
- 1Password – Android | iOS / iPadOS (See 1Password KB: Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication)
- Bitwarden – Android | iOS / iPadOS (See Bitwarden KB article Bitwarden Authenticator (TOTP))
- Dashlane – Android | iOS / iPadOS (See Dashlane KB article Two-step verification by Dashlane)