Requirements to run zoom
There are a few requirements to use the Zoom meeting client. You will need:
- An internet connection with a minimum speed of 600 kbps (up/down), with 1.5 Mbps (up/down) recommended (test using Speedtest), and
- A computer running Windows, macOS, or Linux with a microphone and speakers (minimum for audio-only) and webcam (for video). Headsets are highly-recommended to improve audio quality and reduce background noise and feedback.
If you do not have these, you may have other options for participating in a Zoom meeting.
- Computers running Windows 10 (with built-in microphones and webcams) and USB webcams are available from Prescott Memorial Library for checkout (see “Library Resources”).
- Zoom mobile applications are available for smartphones and tablets running Android (available from Google Play) or Apple iOS (available from the App Store).
- As a worst-case scenario, Zoom meetings can be joined by telephone; however, with diminished interactivity.